Welcome to OurHome! OurHome is an information and social network dedicated to properties for sale, for rent, new launches, budget stay, design, and designer products. OurHome connects you to home-related products and businesses, professional service providers, and properties owner who have properties for sell or rent that might suit your needs.
We collect information that you provide us directly or automatically when you use our Site.
Of further note about the information we collect:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on OurHome, then we collect your name and the contact information you provide. You also will be asked to create a profile on OurHome. If you do, your username, any photo you submit, and information you enter into the fields indicated for public display will be displayed publicly on the social network. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact us at privacy@OurHome.com.my You have an obligation to provide us accurate information.
- Public Content: The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your photos, comments and profile information. By posting on the Site, you agree to permit us to disclose publicly the material you post.
- Communications: When you join OurHome by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as permitted by law, you are opting in to receive emails from us or about OurHome. You can manage your email and notice preferences in account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. Additionally, by joining, you are agreeing to receive feedback and communications from third-parties within the Site, including third-party providers of products or services who may comment on your postings within the Site. If you exchange messages with others through the Site, in accordance with applicable law, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site. OurHome may also enable you to connect, at your initiation, outside the Site via your personal email address to third-party providers of products and services who you wish to contact outside of the Site.
- Transactional Information: If you purchase products within the Site, certain information collected for processing your request, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card information, may be shared with relevant third-parties in order for them to process your request (but not for their own marketing or other purposes). When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology and use commercially reasonable security measures to protect it from misuse.
- Site Activity/Automatically Collected Information: We collect and may store information about your use of the Site, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Linked Networks and Contacts: You can elect to connect your OurHome profile to another network like Facebook and, if you so choose, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contact information from that network to OurHome and to enable sharing of your activities on OurHome on that network
Please note we do not change system behavior within the Site in response to browser requests not to be tracked.
It may be possible to disable Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use the Site. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of Cookies, please do not use this Site.
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third-parties to use for their own marketing purposes. We may share some information about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Site. Our information sharing with third-parties fall into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfill your requests or authorized commercial transactions, or provide customer support.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in the aggregate, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and business. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their product. Business or professionals that participate on the OurHome network may also access usage data associated with your public profile. For example, a business can see that you, as identified by your public profile username, any profile photo, and any other publicly displayed profile identifiers (but not identified by your email or non-public account information), added their product to one of your Ideabooks on a particular date.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company.
- Other Users: Information that you post publicly on OurHome (e.g., photos, properties, comments, your profile) will be made publicly available to other users of OurHome.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at privacy@OurHome.com.my, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In order for us to provide you with our Services and Product and to operate in an efficient and effective manner, we may need to collect relevant personal information from you through our website. The personal information collected by us may be in the form of but is not limited to name, address, bank account details, telephone number, credit card details, business details or any other information stipulated by the PDPA.
OurHome processes your personal data only for specific and limited purposes.
You agree that all personal data collected and/or processed by OurHome may include but not be limited to the following purposes:
- To communicate with you;
- To inform you of our products and services;
- To respond to your queries;
- To send you promotional material;
- To process applications for and the provision of OurHome’s services and Products;
- For marketing purposes and research purposes;
- For all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
Last Updated June 29, 2015